[sumo-user] Issues with Vehicle Counts Using Flowrouter in SUMO Simulation
  • From: Manohara C V <manohara.cv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2024 07:20:06 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-IN, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=trinitymobility.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=trinitymobility.com; dkim=pass header.d=trinitymobility.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector10001; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=WxjxMPYd/DIbyJT1eWRDMgCK+DBN0W4Sl7d/F7ZhU0c=; b=iMN+onNFXTsGPlYmXUci1ou+L/5UDQYwzjyO/P3gng62hnFwC/k6xJPfARHrGI28NjvIlZ/dTcn4MFCeSWJ1ppagkpf8Newrte/zQcxHNj1zTIZgPz6IkWxErL1wSEGSAMU07PpYQga+V9UxM8x8MtzPIi2jS8c4/5AyrPHBiJzrXexqCsi16jMgIYcRo/Ku6K7RhAuGeR8QcMnp62xJG53IAzFFuUiRyMIKS0pNJve6lpTwuGMmJLR5mXyemSfeuM8qX/wVb1SQ/rDobrA6BuJEeFPbBlqTr6bu/otxgcLMCIekMzGioEnCIsj29tQwO6yDOfRKRDxc8oiQpjFBig==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector10001; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=DDXX57nddLxInxI+jnBRLo9gBJK2owA/rXkdMxsVzaihETSOUEJJPDoAx8AerQoSCBQoeLfi71ED7QMnf/WkuhEPStOqTNimXuLtwLgLEHLTSRQdt20nYzoLzJALV5nMnjfPyGhDzqXRe5awN41xLFkAa0hEq+5hv8T509WbxYv/vcBNm2MFIn4lF8ZhlJpVKLd4CYMt8NdfFIzEO7fJih2eF9wmB8kzMrP8W5S1KYWYrNavlPHSKATB07KuYbTCs4AfWc515PPTAhTx/kl5Toqkrbx/ako97ChFdX48h1Q4dPDeY95xG5aCs2EssMPw4LJ+acOo38IreAQiQhGzqA==

Dear SUMO Community,
I hope this message finds you well. I have been working on a SUMO simulation project for some time, where I am trying to simulate vehicle movements based on real-world data collected from smart cameras at various counting points.
In the process of creating these simulations, I have referred to the official documentation multiple times, exploring various tools such as flowrouter, dfrouter, jtrouter, and others. Despite my efforts, I am encountering an issue with the flowrouter tool, where it appears to generate fewer routes and vehicles than indicated in the CSV file containing the real-world counts.
Here are the specific points of concern:
  1. Discrepancy in Vehicle Counts: The number of vehicles generated by flowrouter does not match the vehicle counts provided in the CSV file. This discrepancy is impacting the accuracy and reliability of my simulations.
  2. Configuration and Parameters: I have meticulously followed the configuration guidelines provided in the documentation, yet the output remains inconsistent. I suspect there might be specific parameters or settings that I may have overlooked or misconfigured.
  3. Alternative Tools and Methods: While I have also experimented with dfrouter, jtrouter, and other tools, I have not been able to achieve the desired results. Each tool presents its own set of challenges and limitations in terms of accurately reflecting real-world vehicle counts.
  4. Best Practices and Recommendations: I would greatly appreciate any advice or recommendations from the community on how to address these issues. Are there any best practices or additional tools that I should consider? Additionally, if anyone has encountered similar challenges, I would be grateful to learn how you resolved them.
  5. Examples and Case Studies: If possible, sharing examples or case studies where accurate vehicle count simulation was successfully achieved using SUMO would be immensely helpful. Practical insights into how these challenges were overcome could provide valuable guidance.
Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to any insights or suggestions you may have that could help improve the accuracy of my SUMO simulations.

Best regards,
Manohara c v

Back to the top