[sumo-user] Lane change while standing still

Hi all,

I am running simulations with SUMO (1.19.0) and I noticed that sometimes vehicles will move while standing still, usually in front of a traffic light. They are rotating in their spot and then will change lanes. I use SUMO in a real time driving simulator and this unrealistic behaviour is killing the immersion. I already have tried to minimize this with the following settings for my vehicles:

minGapLat="0.40" lcSpeedGain="4" lcKeepRight="8" lcAssertive="3" lcMaxDistLatStanding="0" lcOvertakeRight="0.1" lcSigma="0.05" tau="1"

I also have tried these settings with both sublane models using either a small lateral resolution (0.1m) or a longer lane change duration (8s), but this still did not help.

Do you maybe have any other tips and tricks to stop the sliding while standing still?

Kind regards,

P.F. Grégoire

Back to the top