Re: [sumo-user] Multiple SUMO instances with TraCI/Python threads

On Tue, 18 Jun 2024, at 11:35, Ruud van Gaal wrote:
Why don't you run several SUMO instances on their own? So multiple processes instead of threads? That will surely work (though quite heavy on the CPU side).

I can do that, but I have a load-balancing problem: My simulations include different traffic conditions and different PT timetables, meaning that some simulations require a few minutes, while others run for several hours. Not that I would not be able to estimate the running time of different configurations and create e.g. 16 "static" sequences that should take approximately the same time, but I just wanted to try an adaptive (albeit more complicated, I agree) approach.

Jan

--
Jan Přikryl
RICE FEL UWB  & CTU FTS