Re: [sumo-user] reaction time in Krauss car following model

'tau' corresponds to the member value `myHeadwayTime` but you don't need to change any source code to set this. It's a regular vType attribute:
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Definition_of_Vehicles%2C_Vehicle_Types%2C_and_Routes.html#available_vtype_attributes

The safety equation that's probably easiest to read is at cfmodels/MSCFModel_KraussOrig1.cpp::vsafe
This is only "safe" when assuming continuous time. The default Krauss model used in SUMO has the formula rewritten with respect to discretized time.
It returns the highest speed that is compatible with reaction time tau and still free of collision if the leader vehicle immediately starts braking with its maximum deceleration.

regards,
Jakob