Re: [sumo-user] Air traffic

Dear Petr,

this originated some time ago as an idea for modelling mixed airport traffic, which emerged during my discussions with my colleagues from the Department of Air Transport at CTU FTS (airport traffic management seems to be quite an issue for many airports). I posted a question to this list at around mid-November 2022 and on 2022-11-23 a contributor (The div <div@xxxxxxxx>) posted an update that was able to simulate movement of airplanes on the tarmac. AFAIK there are students working with that subsystem at CTU FTS, I can probably provide contact if you are interested.

What I can imagine is that you may update SUMO to use a separate layer of edges that describe e.g. drone airways over a city, but you would have to extend the current object-following behaviour to e.g. allow for vertical separation etc.. I do not think that it would be reasonable to use SUMO for country-wide simulation of air traffic.

Jan