Re: [sumo-user] How to modell sharp turns of long vehicles that need a hole in the opposing trafic

There are several possible workarounds:
- create two short edges on top of each other (one for trucks and one for normal cars) ahead of the sharp turn. This way you can still use prohibitions with separate rules for either vehicle class
- use traci to define some additional checks and stop the truck when it's not supposed to pass the turn
- define a traffic light with custom switching rules that blocks the truck from driving as long as there are cars in the relevant area (https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Traffic_Lights.html#type_actuated_with_custom_switching_rules)

regards,
Jakob

Am Mi., 10. Jan. 2024 um 15:55 Uhr schrieb Bernhard Seckinger via sumo-user <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Mirko,

Thanks for your response. I tried your ideas, but none worked...

>- you can give the connection a custom shape which cuts into the opposing
>traffic (see context menu of connections in netedit or PlainXML
><https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Networks/PlainXML.html#explicitly_setting_which_edge_lane_is_connected_to_which>
>format)

Even with option --collision.check-junctions the cars go just through each
other. They do not wait nor is any collision detected.

>- if you want passenger cars to take a different path than trucks, you need
>separate incoming lanes (one can be very short and thin such that it can be
>noticed from very close only) and connect both to the outgoing lane

I was able to separate the lanes, one only for trucks, the other for all other,
but unfortunately the prohibiton-tag only applies to edges, not lanes. Thus I
was not able to assign different rules to the lanes.

Best, Bernhard

--
Bernhard Seckinger <bernhard.seckinger@xxxxxxxxxx>