[sumo-user] Changing rail to be bidirectional using netconvert
  • From: Hector A Martinez <hmartinez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 19:50:24 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=mitre.org; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=mitre.org; dkim=pass header.d=mitre.org; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=K6hu2Tt+XSYkGDYvEB75GBbLufIWcWqSLG9SigASzFU=; b=U0EzJutic+gwROCjZMgHsEnJia62oIBhKOw0BOes3Sk2I7Fs7Nh/GEb6Ct7tRA+i14Q2nnmIN/o8m0QM7O+Uyr+xUvXzQo2M9Dp4I8on2+CVRIROLL+3RfCP03R9ZCgmVcVaB22pCzgyquB1bRAcPRZVQ3U0D71SZkdVJaTxuw+pZSOFFudbJWL8XZs2COktBvLQpTQCND3pqcylXmxbvp1jCVn4j90pC1eaMkl2ycjK/ctLncu49Ete5u+JF2gdP8P3q7qnJ1VfpzJHcMsEpC4WtuNJueIye22T78+7/D5F+pumEohdhcH/4aUnBQfxo+gV1oDqVwtxxeLGtGZKxg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=lNbg32POoOhkJjY1Hn2r0uLA0BFy43kGxPktlz6IJKXVmESsexEbK/pawZXznSZMtJEa9gKTtDueh9ITwz5pSw5htnavD1hKNpXvV+V6b5E45ZMkDS6rz6n3JZ5UMriMYmjSY2u8QpSAPyWYWiySS0WykMxfKvxkVcyPeSlvsJBPQO6N09sbwDe2GMkchIt3itJZsUzUndvGqt8aLN4o1c1EhvEiEKR2VyWfjQ0v0I8+raV8riVQmBnzWmmyF768pJ8F+UaBuGnskEyTj5gv9NnaQVoZwilDktBPFXqhAlRjdIBp8HOyKlG/emgF2a4j5cAiEpvQ7e/IZBcPc2Iyrw==

Sumo team,

I am trying to convert all of my rail network to be bidirectional using netconvert without affecting my roadway network. This is for commodity/container movement, not people movement. I am using a file I generated using OSM wizard.

I used this script:

netconvert --railway.topology.all-bidi.input-file C:\pathtofile\test_osm_in.net.xml.gz

This is the error I get.

Error: No nodes loaded.

Quitting (on error).

I recognize that the network file is a .gz file but both netedit and sumo open the network file as is and it has everything to include the nodes. Netedit crashes on me all the time while I am making changes to the file so I need to do this rail changes quicker using netconvert. I welcome any advice that will point me in the right direction.  Thanks,

--Hector