Re: [sumo-user] FW: Electric wehicle def.

My 2p

The original model was based on measurements from a Bus transit system quite some time ago - one might think that battery/drive train/recuperation efficiencies would have improved considerably since then.

I was interested in modelling my own passenger ev (kia soul) and trying to get close to my observed behaviour.

I started with a sensitivity analysis against the various parameters in the model and determined that most impact was from the efficiency values, vehicle mass and the radial friction. (frontal area didn't have much impact until speeds > 70km/h)

In artificial networks (straight roads, x junction etc) I could not get anywhere near my observed efficiency - the model efficiency values were too high, but reducing these gave unpredictable results. I believe achieved speeds were simply too high.

I then tried realistic networks - extracting roads from openstreetmap.

I found that I needed much higher efficiency values to replicate observed behaviour.

Obviously this was reflecting a single vehicle albeit across many short (5-15km) routes and several longer routes (400-700km).

My conclusion was that real world road layout, speed limits, roundabouts, junction topologies etc are needed to properly invoke a realistic relationship between speed, acceleration and deceleration (recuperation)

The values I finally submitted got me within better than 10% of observed, close to WLTP and this was still valid in journey prediction.

Obviously ymmv!
:)