[sumo-user] Another possibly severe problem of induction loops in SUMO

Hi all,

I have one concern about speed data from induction loops. In the default setting, SUMO set the length of induction loops as 0 meter, while in practice the length usually equals around 2 meters. I find that in SUMO induction loop lengths could significantly affect speed measurements. Admittedly, the length may have impacts on observations. I expect the impacts are minor, but it seems not in SUMO. Attached are my experiment results. I considered free-flow traffic on one lane. Clearly, the flow measurements are similar, but the speed data significantly drop with an increase of length of induction loop sensor. I can't understand this phenomenon. Can anyone explain this? I also attached a zip file containing the simulation files and the code.

Best wishes,
Yu