[sumo-user] VariableSpeedSigns in TraCI

Dear all,
I am trying to implement dynamic traffic control on a freeway using
variable speed signs. I noticed that the TraCI functions are missing
for vss so I tried to use the get or set parameter function, which
didn't work out. I also tried to create the traci functions myself as
follows, but they also have no effect. What is the right way to add
such functions to traci?

Thanks,
Sasan

def getSpeed(self,vssID):
return self._getUniversal(tc.CMD_GET_VARIABLESPEEDSIGN_VARIABLE,'speed',vssID)
"""getSpeed(string)

gets the speed in m/s for the named variable speed sign within the last step.
"""
def setSpeed(self, vssID, speed):
"""setSpeed(string, double)

sets the speed in m/s for the named variable speed sign.
"""
self._setCmd(tc.CMD_SET_VARIABLESPEEDSIGN_VARIABLE,'speed',vssID,speed)

Back to the top