Re: [sumo-user] Vehicle Count Mismatch Issue:

The mismatch is most likely due to an uncalibrated distribution of desired speeds. See https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Definition_of_Vehicles%2C_Vehicle_Types%2C_and_Routes.html#individual_speed_factor
If the section has multiple lanes, than a mismatch in lane changing behavior calibration could also play a role.
Having  a higher density despite matching insertion flow suggests, implies that vehicles are driving slower in the simulation.
This implication conflicts with your reported measurement of the simulation having a higher speed.
This conflict could point to a problem with your methodology of interpreting data from the simulation (or a problem with the simulation output itself).