Re: [sumo-user] Traci Pedestrians: Is it possible to have control about the simulation's time?

calling randomTrips with your options creates 50 persons as expected.
Since your prior script references a different network (data/test.net.xml.gz) and also calls a  test.sumocfg that you did not include, these are candidates where your problem may originate.