Re: [sumo-user] Dynamic bus lanes and vehicle movement

Splitting close to the intersection sounds as if it should work, though I don't quite understand the issue that you describe as undesirable. A picture/diagram would help.
Another option would be to add connections for turning from the second lane and to enable these connections only whenever the buslane is active by changing the permissions of the internal lanes corresponding to those connections.