Re: [sumo-user] How would Time Step Length influence simulation?

Hello,
The main differences of lower step length are:
1. smoother trajectories
2. increased running time (since more steps must be computed)
3. different insertion pattern since insertion only happens only at step end

Traffic lights near congestion can be quite chaotic though. The first thing to check is whether the difference in behaviors holds up if you repeat the simulation with different seeds.
You can easily test this with
sumo/tools/runSeeds.py -a sumo -k case1.sumocfg,case2.sumocfg --seeds 0:100 --statistic-output stats.xml
then run
sumo/tools/output/attributeStats.py case1.sumocfg_0/*.stats.xml
sumo/tools/output/attributeStats.py case2.sumocfg_0/*.stats.xml