Re: [sumo-user] Acceleration and Speed in intersections

> If I want to know the component of speed and acceleration in x-axis and y-axis, is it correct to use Angle to calculate?

Speed and acceleration are relative to the 1-dimensional lane coordinate system. You can separate this into x-y components with the current vehicle angle

> do you have a function to predict the vehicle position in the next time step? I find it not accurate if I use the current speed and acceleration to calculate the next position.

Generally not. The next speed results as a complex interplay of many simulation components including stochastic effects. If you need to predict speeds you have to run the simulation into the future and then restore its state (simulation.saveState / loadState).  In a pure car-following situation you may increase your prediction accuracy by calling traci.vehicle.getFollowSpeed with the inputs corresponding to the current leader vehicle.

> Thirdly, do you have any method to precisely control the acceleration of the vehicle? traci.vehicle.setAcceleration() only sets the optimal maximum value, but can't control it precisely.

For precise control of acceleration and speed call vehicle.setSpeed (by first computing the speed that would result from the desired acceleration).

regards,
Jakob