Re: [sumo-user] Safe distance for a trucker (headway)
  • From: François Vaudrin <francois.vaudrin.1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 19:39:52 +0000
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=ulaval.ca; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=ulaval.ca; dkim=pass header.d=ulaval.ca; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version; bh=NTO+iP+ln/hTcsW1lxLV8GuYy6VvJnnPhlZv1Vg15+0=; b=K1tGGzb4OCGq7CCHvp+7PJbi/Py9NdsOMQrhnGQY1dW6Ze6xYu7mFpeIElMLRNqgVlM7+oxBYFaoO1rbDpuI7/lbAD8zln6JHcGEJYUWj//E+vKqzn+3zDcBLchCVKPOn+VxjfOIVaIFbDOtCMQfJFh5NU19BnWtpWMlq5LSrRT0jOQuR3tccmfPAr5A81cZzE7QO7KKiUC3Y8SMlwddkL612FT9rfjFMepuazd+ES8NzBn2HZo3PhIVm4VGgGEjxdlpCoxGVUVz2a646rolduWzENmjUyFeo53heCkddpRQ+63mODtPcQVm94PnI13Wtapu6KtSKdOcwK/NA8IYuw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=iEXzrhwGSM3ovo3G2jOuco7N9S2gdco//acoRM4/xQsVxIhXl8StAzjXSw/WxSl7gEuhrMLiAjSnxnr/tPbaPcZLxBHWBz5W+bE/weH44akEPuiziwtUh3l/sNGWTnQ6GrkT3brpOD+7A2aF7z3Tsa5IMlmGIsJMX7INplqgbk0WUgrke3+eiQvrX8u4LiJ/tF6RBUNdKGRbhZMNF6bq+wDedHrJ4/u3vgaA0mj/K7m4RNn+35P/uqnwIdRGemqix2ot8Vl9G/YGDNL1qgNogsj9T2tVSS+9n8+M68OHQteQP8TSLlXksbgGhGuBDOdF925R6RO/3LX3+lPPlDl/6Q==

Thanks for the information,

Indeed, it is possible that it is a question of culture or that the rules are more severe in certain countries.

I agree that if a trucker follows 4 to 5 meters away at a speed of 50 or 60 mph, he won't have time to stop.

Are there a lot of accidents?

Best

François