Re: [sumo-user] Issues with Road Geometry

Hello,
the gray areas are so-called "walkingareas". They are enabled either by having pedestrian crossings in your network or if the network was ever built with option --walkingareas.
Walkingareas connect lanes that permit pedestrians. In a typical pedestrian simulation, only dedicated sidewalk lanes allow pedestrians and all other road lanes disallow them.
See https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Pedestrians.html#building_a_network_for_pedestrian_simulation

regards,
Jakob