[sumo-user] Differences between Edge Vehicle counts and Detector Vehicle counts

Hi,
I've recently started using SUMO 1.9.2. I'm counting vehicles that travel across a highway section (composed of several edges). To do this, I'm using intermediate edge counts ("entered" value) and detectors (the sum for all lanes of "nVehEntered" value). The detectors are placed near the start of the edges, so the counting position is almost the same.

The counts obtained from detectors are always bigger than those obtained using edge values, especially when the number of lane changes is high. What may be the cause of this? Is the edge value "entered" not counting the vehicles that enter an edge by a lane change?

Thank you and best regards,

---
Jaime Moya Aguad

Back to the top