From: sumo-user <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 9, 2021 7:00 PM
To: Sumo project User discussions <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [sumo-user] junction length

Hello,
the exact length corresponds to the length of each "internal" lane that connects across the junction. See https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/sumo-gui.html#investigating_internal_edges_and_lanes

regards,
Jakob

Am Di., 9. März 2021 um 14:54 Uhr schrieb Mohammed Hammam <mohamad_sh2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi there,
 I am working on a project related to improvements in traffic lights and I was wondering if there is a way to get any junction length in sumo
as I am trying to place some induction loop detectors and I have to put them in an exact position which I cannot get because I don't have the junction length.

I tried to take the shape and do some calculations using Pythagorean Theorem and take the max and min for x and y but it is not accurate as it should be.

is there a way to get the exact length of any junction in sumo?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Hammam
Twitter    ​. Linkedin