[sumo-user] Trajectory control of individual participants

Dear Sumo-Users,

I started to apply SUMO for traffic generation. Is there a straightforward way in SUMO to control / define the trajectory of single traffic participants (cars, pedestrians)?

Purpose: I want to apply SUMO to generate scenarious with a specific car / pedestrian crossing the road in a repetitive predefined manner. The trajectory control for single participants should override any traffic rules the traffic participants normally adhere to in SUMO.

I checked contributions from previous SUMO user conferences, and the article "Coupling SUMO with a motion planning framework for automoated vehicles" from Moritz Klischat seems very close.

If there is a straightforward way in SUMO to accomplish this task which I wasn´t able to find so far?

If there is no straightforward way in SUMO, I am happy about your advice on alternative software / python scripts which can be coupled with SUMO to control trajectories of individual traffic participants.

Thanks a lot for your guidance!

Ralph Stömmer

Back to the top