Re: [sumo-user] Platooning in sumo

Hello
- if you set a vehicleSelector, then the initial types must have the given value in their type name or they will never be controlled (simplest fix is to delete this and control all vehicles)
- the vTypeMap must contain entries for the original types used in your input (i.e. original="truck")
- the maxPlatoon gap should not be lower than the safe following distance or vehicles will never be considered to be in the platoon (4m is too low for the provided vType parameters)
- the catchup types should allow catching up by being able to drive faster than the leader type. If the leader is driving at the speed limit, the follower types must define speedFactor > 1 to catch up.
- you may want to define a higher catchupDist to prevent emergence of several evehicle platoons

For debugging, I recommend assigning different colors to the different leader and follower types and then setting vehicle coloring mode to "by type color" this way you can easily track the current platooning state.

regards,
Jakob