[sumo-user] Problem with resulting geometries when using Shapefiles to construct sumo network

Hi,

I have some questions about using shapfiles to generate a simulation
network.

Currently I have a shapefile containing a highway network with x,y,z
coordinates in a known reference system as well as attributes for
lanenumbers and posted speeds.
My main problem at this stage is for netconvert to correctly generate
on/off-ramps.

As an example I have the following piece of road.

Which in my shapefile looks like (with labels for the number of lanes):

However when I run netconvert the same section looks like this in Netedit
(after computing junctions):

Is there a good method to processing the network in my GIS editor before
passing it to Netconvert in order for on/off-ramps to be computed correctly?

Kind regards and grateful for any assistance,
Michael