Re: [sumo-user] Different probability flows between simulations

Hi Tiago,

From the heading, it seems that you want to change the vehicle injection probability in every simulation run. If it is, you can do it in two ways: i) manually- every time change probability value in route file or ii) dynamically- change it using TraCI API. However, if you want with the same probability every simulation should have given you a different flow, just change the default seed value (23423; see https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Randomness.html). You can do it using <random value = "true" /> in *.sumocfg file. It simply uses the system current time as a seed value.

Thanks,
Lokesh

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 8:15 AM Tiago Silva <tiago.silva1230@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hello,

I'm generating a flow of vehicles with probability='0.3' as seen in the code below:

 <flow id='flow_2' color="0,0,1" begin='0' end='4500' probability='0.3' type='vehicleType_1'>
          <route edges='5to1 1to3'/>
</flow>

It works correctly and generates the random flows I need during the simulation. However, I noticed that if I execute the simulation again it will generate the same random flow as the previous execution. Can you tell me if this is the expected behavior of random flow? I need to generate different flows in each simulation execution. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

--
Att.
Tiago Alves Silva