Re: [sumo-user] effects of low frequency small capacity bus in intermodal routing

Hi Gerald,
I suspect that under those conditions a proportion of riders would not even attempt to use that mode of transport so that some sort of equilibrium is reached and only a few users actually have to re-schedule. So while "rethinking" at runtime would help I don't think it is the best/complete solution.
You could try to iterate the simulation with different mode shares to find this equilibrium point.
There is only limited support for re-routing intermodal trips at the moment. Function traci.person.reroute only applies to persons that walk or stop and then walk. What you could do is call traci.simulation.findIntermodalRoute and then replace the current plan with a new one.

regards,
Jakob