[sumo-user] dropping undesired neigbor lane guesses

Hi,

having generated a net N with as many neighboring lane guesses as "netconvert-ly" possible

from an original intact net A

I suspects these neighbor rules to be problematic or unnecessary in some stretches of the network.

So there is the need for bulk removal of *some* of the neighboring info.

The plan I've come up & started with so far is:

  1. scan the net N along a route definition of edge id's
  2. by loading this net with sumolib
  3. hopping along the route via outgoing edges
  4. retrieving all internal edges too
  5. yield a list of *all* affected edges by that route.

-> all good up until here.
next steps / options for me (as it is not wanted to write a modded network via sumolib
- why allow modifications then at all?) are:
  1. load net N as an xml
  2. scan all lane elements for neigh tags
  3. those not contained in the given list of affected edges lose their neigh tag.
  4. save the modified net.xml
  5. pray for good fortune and the blessings of an intact net

summarizing question:
will my network likely be intact after such a procedure?

thanks, best
Gerald

Back to the top