[sumo-user] modeling rural area, intermodal trips by duarouter - multiple walking overachievers

Hi all.

When modeling a rural / peri-urban area with some bus lines
I am trying to implement people who leave their home and take the bus.

This has been working fine in principle, but the disturbing thing is,
that many pedestrians are willing to walk very long distances
- probably due to the low bus frequencies - and while this behavior
might be time-optimal
it does not seem very realistic.

What options do I have to tweak this towards more realism?
I found the 'persontrip.walkfactor' but even on 0.1 persons do
occasionally accept rather long walks,
which might just be the case in rural areas.

Does anyone have some experience with that kind of problem?

Thanks,
Gerald

Back to the top