[sumo-user] Problem with laneChange command in TraCI

Hi,

I am using laneChange command in TraCI to force a vehicle to change its
lane. The lane changing works well except when the target lane is congested.
It seems that the vehicle starts changing its lane first and when it finds
out that there is no open space in the target lane, it stops in the middle
of two lanes. I was wondering to know whether there is a way to add an if
statement in TraCI to check the open spaces in the target lane firstly and
if there was none, the vehicle continues going in the current lane until an
open space is found. I appreciate your help in advance.

Regards,
Reza.