Re: [sumo-user] Question about the model

Thanks for the quick response. I read the paper  where the modifications on the default Krauss model are described. One other question that I have is why is it called a car following model, as car following refers to some sort of platoon where there is a leader and there are follower vehicles. Vehicles can overtake their leaders as per the paper, so it doesn't appear as a platoon scenario.

In short, are car following mode (the default model in SUMO) ls a general mobility model or does it represent a specific scenario ?

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 7:48 PM <Olaf.BanseBueno@xxxxxx> wrote:

Von: sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> im Auftrag von Biplav Choudhury <biplav93@xxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Samstag, 11. Juli 2020 23:48:50
An: sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [sumo-user] Question about the model

When I do not specify any vehicle following model and only specify the speeds and acceleration, what is the mobility model used ?

I use -

<routes>
   <vType id="car" type="passenger" length="5" maxSpeed="25" accel="1" decel="1" sigma="0"/>
   <flow id="carflow" type="car" beg="0" end="0" number="50" departPos="free" from="edge1" to="edge2" />
</routes>

So what is the mobility mode used in my model ?