[sumo-user] Find edges covered by polygon

Hello,

I have many polygons in my simulation and I need to know which edges are
covered by them.
Currently I am using the following to do that:

traci.polygon.subscribeContext(pid, tc.CMD_GET_EDGE_VARIABLE, 0,
[tc.ID_COUNT])
polygon_context = traci.polygon.getContextSubscriptionResults(pid)
traci.polygon.unsubscribeContext(pid, tc.CMD_GET_EDGE_VARIABLE, 0)

For small scenarios this is fast enough but for very big networks and a lot
of polygons this approach is extremely slow.
Is there maybe better way of doing it?

Thanks!

Best regards
Marcel