Re: [sumo-user] TraCI quits on "Error: bad allocation"

I followed the build instructions here
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Installing/Linux_Build.html#building_the_sumo_binaries_with_cmake_recommended

I am doing all of this in WSL Ubuntu.
When executing "cmake -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ../.." I got the following
output:
*
-- CMAKE_BINARY_DIR: /home/mazel/sumo-1.6.0/build/cmake-build
-- CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR: /home/mazel/sumo-1.6.0
--
-- Platform:
--     Host: Linux-4.4.0-18362-Microsoft x86_64
--     Target: Linux-4.4.0-18362-Microsoft x86_64
--     CMake: 3.16.3
--     CMake generator: Unix Makefiles
--     CMake build tool: /usr/bin/make
--     Compiler: GNU 9.3.0
--
-- Found Python: /usr/bin/python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named setuptools
-- Could NOT find GTest (missing: GTEST_LIBRARY GTEST_INCLUDE_DIR
GTEST_MAIN_LIBRARY)
-- Found Proj: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libproj.so
-- Found Fox: -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lFOX-1.6 -lX11 -lXext -lfreetype
-lfontconfig -lXft -lXcursor -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lGL -lGLU
-ldl -lpthread -lrt -ljpeg -lpng -ltiff -lz -lGLU -lGL
-- Could NOT find suitable FFmpeg.
-- Could NOT find osgGA (missing: OSGGA_LIBRARY OSGGA_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgViewer (missing: OSGVIEWER_LIBRARY
OSGVIEWER_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgUtil (missing: OSGUTIL_LIBRARY OSGUTIL_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgDB (missing: OSGDB_LIBRARY OSGDB_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgText (missing: OSGTEXT_LIBRARY OSGTEXT_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osg (missing: OSG_LIBRARY OSG_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find OpenThreads (missing: OPENTHREADS_LIBRARY
OPENTHREADS_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find OpenSceneGraph (missing: OPENSCENEGRAPH_LIBRARIES
OPENSCENEGRAPH_INCLUDE_DIR) (Required is at least version "3.4.0")
-- Could NOT find Eigen3 (missing: EIGEN3_INCLUDE_DIR EIGEN3_VERSION_OK)
(Required is at least version "3.2")
-- Could NOT find Java (missing: Java_JAVA_EXECUTABLE Java_JAVAC_EXECUTABLE
Java_JAR_EXECUTABLE Java_JAVADOC_EXECUTABLE Java_JAVAH_EXECUTABLE
Development)
-- Could NOT find Java (missing: Java_JAVA_EXECUTABLE Java_JAR_EXECUTABLE
Java_JAVAC_EXECUTABLE Java_JAVAH_EXECUTABLE Java_JAVADOC_EXECUTABLE)
-- Could NOT find JNI (missing: JAVA_AWT_LIBRARY JAVA_JVM_LIBRARY
JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH2 JAVA_AWT_INCLUDE_PATH)
CMake Warning at src/libsumo/CMakeLists.txt:102 (message):
  ENABLE_JAVA_BINDINGS is set but Java or JNI was not found.

-- Could NOT find PythonLibs (missing: PYTHON_LIBRARIES PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS)
CMake Warning at src/libsumo/CMakeLists.txt:159 (message):
  ENABLE_PYTHON_BINDINGS is set but Python libraries were not found.

-- Enabled features: Linux-4.4.0-18362-Microsoft x86_64 GNU 9.3.0 Debug Proj
GUI SWIG GDAL GL2PS
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to:
/home/mazel/sumo-1.6.0/build/cmake-build*

I am not sure if the missing things are acceptable or not.
The build worked with a lot of warnings but no errors.
Afterwards I found the "sumoD" file in the "bin" directory.

I followed the instructions in the link you sent but I can't get it to work.
Nothing is happening.
I am using this to start TraCI

sumo_binary = os.environ["SUMO_HOME"] + "/bin/sumoD"
args.sumo_config = path/to/my/config.sumocfg

sumo_cmd = [
    sumo_binary,
    "--configuration-file",
    args.sumo_config,
    "--save-configuration",
    "debug.sumocfg",
]

TraCI tries to reconnect many times and eventually fails.

*/home/mazel/sumo-1.6.0/tools/traci/main.py:136: UserWarning: Could not
connect to TraCI server using port 58141. Retrying with different port.
  warnings.warn("Could not connect to TraCI server using port %s. Retrying
with different port." % sumoPort)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mazel/master-thesis-code/sumo/traci/index.py", line 66, in
<module>
    controller.start()
  File "/home/mazel/master-thesis-code/sumo/traci/simulation_controller.py",
line 27, in start
    traci.start(self.traci_config["sumo_cmd"])
  File "/home/mazel/sumo-1.6.0/tools/traci/main.py", line 132, in start
    return init(sumoPort, numRetries, "localhost", label, sumoProcess)
  File "/home/mazel/sumo-1.6.0/tools/traci/main.py", line 113, in init
    _connections[label] = connect(port, numRetries, host, proc)
  File "/home/mazel/sumo-1.6.0/tools/traci/main.py", line 104, in connect
    raise FatalTraCIError("Could not connect in %s tries" % (numRetries +
1))
traci.exceptions.FatalTraCIError: Could not connect in 1 tries*

When I execute the gdb command nothing happens

*gdb --args sumo-1.6.0/bin/sumoD -c
master-thesis-code/simulation/debug.sumocfg

Reading symbols from sumo-1.6.0/bin/sumoD...
(gdb) *

What am I doing wrong?

I will also try and find a small scenario that crashes reliably.
Thanks a lot!!

Best regards
Marcel

Jakob Erdmann wrote