Re: [sumo-user] Acceleration & Deceleration profiles for heavy vehicles

Hello,
- the default carFollowModel Krauss does not support acceleration profiles (acceleration and deceleration are always flat).
- Other models such as IDM have tapering acceleration when approaching the desired speed but there is not straightforward way to calibrate the profile.
- grade can be defined via providing z-coordinates for the road geometry. See https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Networks/Elevation.html#including_elevation_data_in_a_network
- elevation/grade are factored into emission output and electricity consumption but ignored by most carFollowModels in regard to speeds/acceleration with the exception of 'KraussPS' (Krauss plus slope). However, this model has a known issue: https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/2849

regards,
Jakob