[sumo-user] Interpretation of rerouting methods and vehroute-output

Hello,

I am trying to make vehicles avoid certain edges using TraCI.
For testing I have implemented and compared the two different rerouting
approaches: rerouteTraveltime and rerouteEffort. For both I have just set
the traveltime/effort to a very high value (99999999) and called the
rerouting function.

The vehroute-output shows the following values for a random vehicle:

Is it correct to assume that the attributes "arrival" and "routeLength"
always refer to the most recent route?
Why does rerouteEffort result in a much longer route and therefore much
later arrival time?
What is the use case for each of these methods? Which one is the preferred?

I also want to compute the extra driven distance/time. Currently I only see
this possible if I let the simulation run twice (with & without rerouting)
and compute these values from the two outputs.
Is it possible to realize this with one simulation run using my approach?
Is there any way I could improve my strategy?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Best regards
Marcel