Re: [sumo-user] Discover turning lane/edge at intersection

Hi Taylor,

you can read all static information about your network using https://sumo.dlr.de/pydoc/sumolib.html , for example which incoming and outgoing lanes you have at your intersection. Then you obviously need the vehicle's route to know in advance where it will go. Then you can compare whether a specific outgoing edge is part of the route.

1. Read net with sumolib.net readNet function

2. Get your intersection node with sumolib net.getNode()

3. read incoming and outgoing lanes, gather edge IDs https://sumo.dlr.de/pydoc/sumolib.net.node.html node.getIncoming() , node.getOutgoing() and store them in an adequate data structure

4. call TraCI vehicle.getRoute()

5. compare edge from route with your stored edge IDs from sumolib

This way you save some TraCI calls... But you can also reach the goal with your approach.

Regards
Mirko