Re: [sumo-user] Influence waiting position at internal lanes?

The connection attribute 'contPos' can be used to customize the waiting position.
See
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Networks/PlainXML.html#explicitly_setting_which_edge_lane_is_connected_to_which
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/NETEDIT.html#setting_connection_attributes

regards,
Jakob

Am Mo., 24. Feb. 2020 um 11:40 Uhr schrieb Moritz Klischat <moritz.klischat@xxxxxx>:

Hi all,

I have question regarding vehicles waiting at internal lanes for a left turn. Is there a way to influence the stopping position, so that vehicles drive less far into the oncoming lane?

As you can see in the picture below, the encircled, left-turning vehicle is waiting for an oncoming vehicle which almost collides when passing by. Ideally, I am looking for an parameter to influence the offset, that let's vehicles stop more in advance and/or not let the vehicle turn less while waiting.

Or can the stopping position be set in the net file?

Since I couldn't find a parameter which achieves this, could you alternatively point me to the function in the code, where the waiting position is computed?

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Moritz