[sumo-user] Platooning

Dear Sumo Community,
I am about to build a simulation in which I would like to insert platooning for my fleet. Is there any quick way to set platooning behaviour with TraCI? Do I need to change the car following model? Would it work if I set a narrow minimum gap and set the speed of a vehicle exactly equal to the leader, updating it at every step? I know it is quite expensive from a calculation point of view but this has been the simplest way that came to my mind.

Thank you very much
Stefano

Back to the top