Re: [sumo-user] Edge-type files for OpenDRIVE to SUMO-NET conversion not working?

Oy… Beginner’s mistake, got confused by the *e*dge type file name it seems… Sorry and thanks for helping!

From: sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jakob Erdmann
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 1:59 PM
To: Sumo project User discussions <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [sumo-user] Edge-type files for OpenDRIVE to SUMO-NET conversion not working?

you need load the type file using option --type-files or -t

Am Di., 14. Jan. 2020 um 13:49 Uhr schrieb Kaths, Jakob <Jakob.Kaths@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

I’m not sure whether I’m doing something wrong or the feature is broken, but I’m trying to convert an OpenDRIVE file to SUMO network file using an edge-type file to also convert sidewalks etc. I tried a few different OpenDRIVE files, but all with the same result that the edge-type file has no influence. E.g. I call “netconvert --opendrive myOpenDRIVE.xodr -e conversion_edge_types.xml --output.original-names -o mySUMOnetwork.net.xml

And I use an edge type file like this:

<types>

    <type id="border" priority="0" speed="1.39" disallow="all"/>

                <type id="sidewalk" priority="0" speed="4.0" allow="pedestrian"/>

    <type id="driving" priority="1" speed="50.89" allow="pedestrian"/>

</types>

Neither are sidewalks imported nor is the non-standard speed or allowance of type driving recognized. In fact it seems as if the file isn’t used at all. However, if I corrupt the edge-type file on purpose, errors are thrown as expected.

Thanks

Jakob

PS- sorry if I’m double-posting, I had to change my email address and I think my first attempt to post didn’t go through.