[sumo-user] Generate PT traffic from timetable data

Dear all,

I am wondering if there are some tools to convert PT timetable data, or even better vehicle circulation data, into vehicle route data? The only thing that I found is the `ptlines2flow.py`, but I suppose that is not what I need.

I have consulted the SUMO documentation on Public Transport and it seems that I can only (a) create individual vehicle trips for the given line, specifying all stops and their duration, or (b) create a PT vehicle flow, but in this case I have no chance to insert PT vehicles at irregular time intervals (i.e. 2 minutes in the rush-hours, and gradually decreasing to 10 minutes in the off-peak times).

The (a) is probably the appropriate way to go  in our case, and I can definitely create a python script to generate the necessary data, but I would not like to spend time by reinventing a wheel ...

Thanks,

Jan

Back to the top