Re: [sumo-user] Meso Sumo TauJF

Hello,
the tauff values use in mesosim denotes net-time headways (front-bumper to rear-bumper).
The gross headways (front-bumper to front-bumper) will be computed from tauff by taking into account road speed and vehicle length.
This means you do not need to make any adjustments for road speed. (The original Eissfeldt model used tauff for gross headways and thus had problems with networks with heterogeneous speeds).
The idea of https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/5745 is to allow localized calibration of the model to reflect anomalous situations but this is not yet implemented.

The taujf value, again denotes the net-time headway when leaving a jam. In my opinion this is something to be measured from real-world data rather than computed. It is a free model parameter after all.

regards,
Jakob