[sumo-user] Link-Specific Car Following Calibration

New SUMO user here. I'm am coming from other traffic simulation software,
like Vissim, where car following parameters can be defined "per link." This
allows the option for global (network-wide) calibration, as well as local
calibration. Changing car following parameters for specific links is
sometimes useful at freeway merges/weaves where drivers may have larger or
smaller headways than the rest of the network.

If I understand SUMO, car following parameters are attributes of vehicle
types and not the network links. This appears to allow for global
calibration only. I also see that SUMO has speed-flow Calibrator objects
that add/remove traffic at specific locations, or TraCI for advanced
manipulations.

My question is how can driver behaviors be calibrated for specific links in
SUMO (especially freeway merges/weaves)? Or is there a different strategy
used for local calibration in SUMO?

Thanks!