Re: [sumo-user] Lateral-resolution
  • From: "Wlodarczak, Tessa" <tessa.wlodarczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 14:50:52 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=continental-corporation.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=continental-corporation.com; dkim=pass header.d=continental-corporation.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=PAXfAHfisPLAkwhd5CiMmUn6Y3yQzEbTeVTFFdnUOcw=; b=Av14+0WQt2uoroerqU3Ha0mNzLUeNUeUsKqptpypAo8iVh9VZRTGgAG8c1zuPU7g1zUdMYEAAYexUA1Tnm//Bsa89+UIG8p44v9vpWvJXj34T5nl2YwFoQUzQulqN4HGAKl+n4mcUhEmXYHyy0PLW806AJqiodjoT/5hDxt8bMsOCLIWs359N6c2TjfkxE6NrtGYbsSnzQaIAKnY9d9qCj9rn92N0HQrZYin/+Dyn63xHma+HMetJzcwVK1h012dgWexqpx/woB4mgEC3H+Qm485TgsemBndc2nhwUo1OD0dgy73YZNKEH40/S9O+zet1x6diksRmTE2WrQGWyzPAw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=FvtPmknKGlaVN501o3fGAUzD4S3/pw4TPqK2Yl1POE8Op0e/2cfPoBIrZVMQidUpFoctSbPiNGMstd3KFGBDZBQIZY20sgwr2mf21PCLvc/ZqJN/1A0Q/ioy2wiZzemLgGMAxB80ZLQz34kmMB9SSUliGUj511GspsVFXdjXmXicahUGUjKTbUD1EPA965Xxg8WCdOmLZzsZFhBMVZuisyP7j/nJ03fwUP+iSnjZlhP1fNAZx5bdiRp9CJrW78UKHe5RVyvTytRQQFmHIbEnhygtMCTvSn+Sq+P7AMupqVQnuRYgxzINf1rAxnhruhP/CaOhKzwydcj6f/YcC2j2/A==

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I would like to clarify my question a bit better.

Is there a direct relationship between step length [s] and the lateral resolution in a sub-lane model ? or is the lateral resolution only used for influencing the “decision making” of the Traffic agents.

Why we ask is, if I have a step length of 0.001 and a lane resolution of 1, the still I see that the agents are taking smaller lateral steps although I do not define many sub-lanes. This brings me to the question is step length is actually “time” or does it also influence the minimum steps in meters the vehicle can move.

If it is also the minimum steps in meters the vehicle can move, then what does lateral resolution actually do ? is it just for the decision making and does not directly influence the vehicles lateral trajectory.

Could you please send me some illustrations explaining the behavior when having different lat. resolutions (1 and 0.001 etc).

---

Greetings,

Tessa