Re: [sumo-user] which parameter has the most effect on mean headway?

Your plot attachments are missing (possibly blocked by the mailing list).
Mean headway is mostly influenced by the 'tau' parameter.
However, it also depends on the desired speeds (speedFactor, speedDev) and traffic density:
- if all vehicles have the exact same desired speed (speedDev= 0) then they will never close the gap to their leader and the headways are fully determined by the insertion procedure.
- if the desired speeds vary and the density is high, then most vehicles will be in a queue following a slower leader with headways determined by tau
- if the desired speeds vary and the density is low, then the headways are determined by insertion as well as the width of the speed distribution (and of course tau)