[sumo-user] How to generate output data

Good day. I am a high school student whose group research is to generate a
traffic simulation using traffic variables in SUMO. I have little to no
experience in programming and I am unable to follow the instructions in the
SUMO wiki, though I am able to use the OSMWebWizard application and generate
a raw simulation in the SUMO GUI.

In my searching, I was directed to the Output Lane or Edge-based Traffic
Measures page which in my understanding, produces the output data of traffic
variables such as speed and traffic flow. The article makes mention of an
additional file, but I can't understand what it means nor how it can be used
to display the output data from the SUMO GUI.

http://sumo.sourceforge.net/userdoc/Simulation/Output/Lane-_or_Edge-based_Traffic_Measures.html

I hope you can guide me on this. Looking forward to your experienced
response.