[sumo-user] Understanding traffic light type configuration (SOTL)

[sumo 1.2.0]

Hi everyone!

Currently, we have 'actuated' and 'delay_based' traffic light types well documented here:
https://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/Traffic_Lights#Actuated_Traffic_Lights

I am currently struggling to use Self-Organizing Traffic Lights (SOTL) in my simulation.

The best material that I found for trying to understand is presented in this example here:
https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/blob/master/tests/complex/traffic_lights/loop_flow/input_additional_template.add.xml

I might infer some of the parameters based on the papers presenting those techniques, such as:
https://arxiv.org/pdf/nlin/0411066.pdf

I was looking for some explanation about them or at least some direction to where to look, instead of my actual experimental guessing

Thank you in advance

Sincerely,

Marcelo d'Almeida

Back to the top