Re: [sumo-user] The correlation between driver behavior and fuel consumption

Thank you so much!

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 3:42 PM <sumo@xxxxx> wrote:
Dear Manh,

every simulation run is able to provide you with emission output file for vehicles that have an "emission" device (see https://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/Output/EmissionOutput). So yes, if you influence the driving behaviour of youer drivers (either by changing the car following model parameters or influencing the vehicle directly via TraCI), you may store the emission outputs in separate files and compare them afterwards.

Just on a side note, sorry for off-topic: remember that correlation and causality are two different things, see my favourite https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations for some really nice examples.

Jan