[sumo-user] Problem with using libsumo

Hello,

 I am trying to run sumo simulation faster so I decided to use libsumo.
 I followed the guide to build using cmake.
 I have set up the SUMO_HOME.
in SUMO_HOME/tools/libsumo I have libsumo.py (which helps import _libsumo), the _libsumo.pyd dll and some other stuff. I have set the PATH to have SUMO_HOME/tools/libsumo. I have also set PYTHONPATH to SUMO_HOME/tools/libsumo. I use conda and I have an environment called sumo which uses python 2.7. I have build sumo by following the guide at https://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Installing/Windows_CMake (command line) and having the sumo environment activated during that process. I have also build as release (Visual Studio 2013 Win64).

 I have created a simple script just importing libsumo like so:

import os
import sys

if 'SUMO_HOME' in os.environ:
    tools = os.path.join(os.environ['SUMO_HOME'], 'tools')
    sys.path.append(tools)
else:
    sys.exit("please declare environment variable 'SUMO_HOME'")

from sumolib import checkBinary # noqa
import traci
import sumolib
import libsumo as libs

and I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Users/VR_Lab/source/repos/sumo/tools/libsumo/test.py", line 14, in <module>
    import libsumo as libs
File "C:\Users\VR_Lab\source\repos\sumo\tools\libsumo\libsumo.py", line 17, in <module>
    _libsumo = swig_import_helper()
File "C:\Users\VR_Lab\source\repos\sumo\tools\libsumo\libsumo.py", line 16, in swig_import_helper
    return importlib.import_module('_libsumo')
File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda2\envs\sumo\lib\importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
    __import__(name)
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

This script was called with python 2.7 (having the same conda environment activated as the one it was build from).
 The PYTHONPATH is correctly set to SUMO_HOME/tools/libsumo.
 Why does that happen?

I would like to add that in https://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Libsumo it says to use the extended package and has a reference to a link but the referenced package doesn't have any CMakeLists.txt so I can use cmake.

Thank you,
Tom

Back to the top