Re: [sumo-user] Vehicle rerouting between time steps

Hello,
Routing takes place between simulation steps (all vehicles have moved, some are rerouted, then the movements for the next step are computed)
If by 'gridlock' you mean a situation where the roads are fully jammed then this could have various reasons and they might also be related to rerouting. see http://sumo.sourceforge.net/userdoc/FAQ.html#The_simulation_has_lots_of_jams.2Fdeadlocks._What_can_I_do.3F

regards,
Jakob