[sumo-user] How to properly reduce scenario size?

Hello,

I want to get a small section of an existing scenario. lets say Bologna acosta that can be found in http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Data/Scenarios.

I want only a small section of it and I want it to have traffic lights and detectors and all the additional data that the original uses.

I know I can use use netedit to cut the section I want and I know I can use cutRoutes.py to create a new rou.xml file with reduced size based on the original rou.xml file.

I change the .sumo.cfg file to use the new net.xml and the new rou.xml but I get errors such as
 Error: the lane with id '104_0' is not known (while buildin e1Detector ...)

I get this happens because the sumo.cfg still uses additional files for detectors and other types that are have not adapted to the new reduces net.xml. Is there any tool I can use to change those files as well?

 Additionally, I would like to add another problem.
Even when I leave only "acosta_vtypes.add.xml" for the vehicle types <additional-files> in the new sumo.cfg I get another problem.

Error: Vehicle 'Costa_12_0' has no valid route. No connection between edge '68' and edge '11'.
Quitting (on error).

I assume that I have used cutRoutes.py correctly. Why do I get this error still?

Thank you in advance,
Tom

Here you can see the new sumo.cfg that I used for the reduced scenario.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configuration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://sumo.dlr.de/xsd/sumoConfiguration.xsd";>

    <input>
        <net-file value="reduced/acosta_buslanes_reduced.net.xml"/>
<route-files value="reduced/output.rou.xml, reduced/output_busses.rou.xml"/>
        <additional-files value="acosta_vtypes.add.xml"/>
    </input>

    <output>
        <tripinfo-output value="tripinfos.xml"/>
    </output>

    <report>
        <log value="sumo_log.txt"/>
        <no-step-log value="true"/>
    </report>

    <gui_only>
        <gui-settings-file value="settings.gui.xml"/>
    </gui_only>

</configuration>

Back to the top