[sumo-user] Rail vehicles turning around on a bi-directional edge

Hello,

I am beginning to incorporate rail vehicles into my simulation using bidirectional edges. For the most part things work fine. But I'm seeing an issue when trains reach the end of a bi-directional track (e.g. at a rail station hub or end of a rail line) and try to turn around to head back in the other direction. The train makes a slow, torturous turn at about 0.1m/s, taking nearly 10 minutes to complete a U-turn before continuing in the other direction.

In some situations, the trains will "teleport turn" and automatically flip around in the other direction. Specifically, if I spawn them on the dead-end edge, they'll immediately flip around and head out. But if they reach a dead-end at the end of a route, they do the slow turn. I'd rather they always flip around, or even reverse out of the dead end. Anything but the 10-minute U-turn.

Is there anything I can do to improve this behavior?
Thank you!

Back to the top