Re: [sumo-user] Sumo for Autonomous and Connected vehicles

Hello,
SUMO does not model vehicular communication. If you need this in detail, there are frameworks four coupling SUMO with a Network (communication) Simulator (e.g. http://veins.car2x.org/) as this is quite a common usage scenario for SUMO.
The coupling is done via SUMOs TraCI-API which allows almost arbitrary runtime influence on the simulation behavior.
The vehicle movements can be modelled either with lane-level accuracy (vehicles always in the center of their lanes) or with sublane accuracy if that is required (http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/SublaneModel). To model the behavior of particular AVs, a range of models can be configured or own models added in.

regards,
Jakob