Re: [sumo-user] Debug the source code in Linux

For running your own modifications you will have to compile sumo. Using 'make install' can be avoided if you just use the files from the sumo/bin directory that are created when calling 'make'. You can use 'make -j' to use multiple cores and speed up the process.

Hello there,

I would like to change the SUMO source code and compile it and appreciate that if you could let me how I can achieve this. Running "make" and "make install" in Linux is not very convenient for this case as it takes so long, and I am mainly looking for running it in a debug mode (e.g. eclipse, or visual studio, but primary eclipse).

Many thanks
Mohsen